Skip to main content

JMeter : Open Source Performance Tool


These days, opensource tools are very popular.

One of the best tool, I am considering is JMeter.

JMeter is open source tool. It is Java based tool so it gives lots of free hand to work on cord part and handle it beautifully for coder or non-coder.

Lets start..

As I mentioned, JMeter is 100 % java-based tool which was originally designed to perform load testing of website or web-based application. Now it has increased some of test function to support functional test too.

Let’s talk about its history

Stefano Mazzocchi of the Apache Software Foundation was the original developer of JMeter. He wrote it primarily to test the performance of Apache JServ (now called as Apache Tomcat project). Apache later redesigned JMeter to enhance the GUI and to add functional testing capabilities

In short, JMeter is java based desktop performance testing tool with a graphical interface which run on any environment that accepts a Java virtual machine. JMeter uses Swing graphical API

Now one of important aspect of using new load testing tool is Protocol support.

JMeter supports below mentioned protocols:

  • Web − HTTP, HTTPS sites 'web 1.0' web 2.0 (ajax, flex and flex-ws-amf)
  • Web Services − SOAP / XML-RPC
  • Database via JDBC drivers
  • Directory − LDAP
  • Messaging Oriented service via JMS
  • Service − POP3, IMAP, SMTP
  • FTP Service

What is the features of JMeter ?
First one being an open source tool,
1.       It is FREE
2.      Full Swing and lightweight component support due available JAR files
3.      Saving test plans in XML format i.e. we can generate a test plan using a text editor.
4.      Full multi-threading framework
5.      Highly extensible.
6.      Capable of perform load as well functional testing (report would be differ from traditional one ) of the applications
7.      Platform-independent tool which means you can run it on any machine which support JVM


I would explain installation and basic GUI in next post.

Happy Testing !!!


Comments

  1. I relish, lead to I discovered just what I used to be looking for.
    You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pay a visit day-to-day some sites and information sites to read posts, however this webpage presents quality based writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your
    point. You definitely know what youre talking about,
    why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I
    get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement
    you access consistently fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My relatives always say that I am killing my time here at
    web, but I know I am getting know-how all the time by reading such nice
    articles or reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good info. Lucky me I came across your site by accident (stumbleupon).
    I have book marked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more
    from this web page, and your views are fastidious for
    new people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site provided us with valuable info to work on. You've done
    an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I blog frequently and I really appreciate your information. Your
    article has really peaked my interest. I will bookmark your blog and keep checking for new
    details about once a week. I opted in for your Feed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there to every body, it's my first visit of this webpage; this webpage includes remarkable
    and actually excellent material in favor of
    visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a topic which is close to my heart... Many thanks!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent
    choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment